Monday, July 02, 2007

The View From Here

Sometimes it’s difficult to realize how blessed you are. You can spend your whole life chasing after the things that you don’t have, while failing to realize that you have so much. This conflict may escalate when personal goals or desires don’t fall into line with what God has planned for your life. As a young adult graduating from high school, I had big plans and I highly anticipated going to study at a university and living "the college life." As most teens do, I looked forward to the parties, hook-ups, new friends and dorm life, but one evening I received an acceptance letter from NYU that would change all of that.

I was one of the thousands who had applied to the school, but was one of the few who was accepted. My parents where thrilled, especially after NYU offered me a full scholarship to attend. At that time we were struggling financially as a family and it was apparent that such an opportunity was heaven sent. I wish that I could say that I had felt the same as my parents. As a native New Yorker, I anticipated going away to school, but I knew then that I couldn’t pass up this opportunity. FULL FEATURE


No comments: