Thursday, August 23, 2007

Finding Her Voice
By Jenny S.

She had lost her voice at a young age because her childhood home was filled with too much shouting for her to discover it. As she married, the volatile union convinced her that any sound she might find was worthless in the eyes of others.

Jenny was born with the gift of an impacting voice, but for over thirty-three years, no one knew it because all she could dare to utter was a silent scream. Violence had initially silenced her but fear kept her mute. She had much to share but could not get passed the demons that held her in bondage to silence…

I shuttled into my first Time to Fly meeting like a bird-caged in mid-flight. My mind longed to tap into the untold gifts that I knew were buried within me if I could but simply unleash them and set them free. What I could become was inside of me, I had enough faith to believe that, but my heart had remained silent for so long that I had lost any hope that freedom might be possible for me.

Soaring through class, I integrated Biblical truths into my daily life, mind, and practice, and set my feet upon a good course. I thought myself to be fully healed on graduation day as the circumstances of my life were in good order and all around me. I was working the program and life was good.

But my healing had just begun, for on that last day, my teacher saw the next step that I must take, a step of finding my voice in a meeting with the Pastor of our city’s largest NextGen ministry. Rather than visiting the Pastor herself my teacher encouraged me to, “Go and tell.” So I did. She was the first person to trust my voice. FULL FEATURE

No comments: